Searching for your favorite bus operator in Colombia or the Top 10 Bus Operators in Bogota can be a daunting task. But thanks to redBus, this process has been made simple by a mere click of a button. The redBus website and application offers an informative look inside the exciting world of bus travel in Colombia. Apart from providing information on local landmarks and attractions in Bogota, the redBus platform aims at drastically improving your travel experience in Bogota. Updated bus schedules, fares, timings, and much more, help travelers get from one landmark to another with great ease. Search for Copetran Bogota reviews on the redBus platform before booking a bus ticket online.
Coomotor is a bus company that was founded in 1960 by a group of visionary carriers, who formed a cooperative with the aim of innovating in the transportation service. The company also has offices in the municipalities of Huila and in the cities of the most important regions of the country. Since its creation, Coomotor has been growing rapidly, incorporating improvements in its services, contributing to the development of transport in Colombia and standing out for its business values: loyalty, competitiveness, respect, honesty and commitment to the safety and well-being of each traveler. Coomotor's headquarters of operations is located in the city of Neiva, where it was founded.
Currently, Coomotor reaches 11 Colombian departments: Bogotá DC, Antioquia, Quindío, Risaralda, Caldas, Cauca, Valle del Cauca, Tolima, Putumayo, Caquetá and Huila. In addition, it sends parcels and has service stations, where travelers can stop in case their car needs gasoline or suffers from a fault. For all the aforementioned services, it has high-tech buses that adapt to the needs of the passengers.
On the other hand, Coomotor cares about stopping the pollution of the environment. For this reason, it has several Social Responsibility programs such as school transport vouchers, cleaning and recovery of water sources, planting parks and trees, among others. With this, it also seeks to generate awareness in the Colombian citizen to take care of the planet.
Agencies of Copetran in Bogota
● Bogota ▶ Address: Salitre´s Bus Terminal - Red section
Copetran Bogota – Phone Numbers
(031) 429 5747 - 320 271 9071
Copetran Bogota – Address
Salitre´s Bus Terminal, Red section
Amenities of Copetran Bogota
Copetran has 5 types of bus services: Preferential Luxury, Double Floor, Mini-Preferential, Sprinter and Special and Tourism Service. All 5 have a reclining chair, air conditioning and ambient TV. To learn more about their differences, you can go to the "Services" section.
Destinations from Copetran in Bogota:
Copetran has the following destinations: Bogota, Bucaramanga, Barrancabermeja, Medellín, Cucuta, Tunja, Mompox, Maicao, Ocana, Cartagena, Santa Marta and Valledupar.
Bogota is the capital of Colombia and the department of Cundinamarca, it also stands out for being a modern metropolis that is the headquarters of the financial movement in the country. In addition, it is a city known as "South American Athens" since it has various museums, theaters, libraries and offers cultural activities. Due to its geography of elevated plains at more than 2,600 meters above sea level, Bogotá is considered the third highest city in South America (after La Paz and Quito). Its approximate date of foundation is August 6, 1538. On your way through Bogota you will enjoy the historical journey through streets that combine modernity with colonial buildings. The sites that you cannot miss are the Gold Museum, the National Observatory, the Colpatria Tower and the José Celestino Mutis Botanical Garden. You can also tour the old Barrio de La Candelaria, whose narrow streets and houses date back to colonial times. Also, in Bogota you can taste the best of Colombian and international cuisine in its large number of restaurants. The typical dishes that you can try in this destination are the ajiaco from Santa Fe and the mazamorra chiquita. On the other hand, Bogotá is a cultural city. Events such as the Bogota International Book Fair and the Park Festivals are held here, which are very popular with national and international audiences.
Touristic places in Bogota
● Bogota by bus: Being the capital of Colombia, Bogotá receives buses from all the capitals of the Atlantic Coast, the Coffee Axis and the South of the Country, as well as a large number of short routes within Cundinamarca. For this reason, it has 3 land terminals to be able to receive and dispatch the different buses according to the destination where they travel.
● Bogota by train: In Bogotá there is a train that runs through all Carrera 30 and Carrera 90 bound for Zipaquirá. This train makes stops at some points in La Sabana de Bogotá as well as at stations within the city. Only from these nearby municipalities can Bogotá be reached by train.
● Bogota by plane: Bogota's El Dorado International Airport is one of the busiest in the world. It is listed as the best airport in Latin America as well as being the one that receives the most stopovers due to its strategic point in the American continent. National and international trips are permanent and the possibilities are very varied, mainly on flights from the United States and Latin America.
How to reach Bogota?
● Bogota by bus: Being the capital of Colombia, Bogota receives buses from all the capitals of the Atlantic Coast, Coffee Region and the South of the Country, as well as a large number of short routes within Cundinamarca. This is why it has 3 land terminals to receive and dispatch the different buses according to the destination where they travel. Traveling to Bogota is the most common destination and therefore the one that has the best chance of being available.
● Bogota by train: In Bogota there is a train that runs through all of carrera 30 and carrera 90 up to Zipaquira. This train makes stops at some points of “La Sabana de Bogota” as well as at some stations within the city. Only from these nearby municipalities Bogota can be reached by train.
● Bogota by plane: El Dorado International Airport in Bogota is one of the world’s busiest airports. It is listed as the best Airport in Latin America as well as receiving a lot of stops due to its strategic point in the Americas. National and international trips are permanent and the possibilities are very varied, mainly on flights from the United States and Latin America, although there are some that come from Europe.
At El Dorado Airport there are several national flights on a daily basis, but they are mostly from the main cities of Colombia. For the rest of the regions, Puente Aereo Airport is usually used. This is a terminal dedicated to cover flights nationwide and also has a great movement every day.
Book your Bus Tickets Online
Once you have figured out your bus schedule, book your bus tickets easily with the redBus website or app. The site has been developed to ensure that passengers get their bus tickets booked and confirmed with minimum effort. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter the pick-up and drop-off points under the “From” and “To” sections on the redBus website or application
- Select the date of your journey under the “Onward Date”
- Click the “Search Buses” button
After this step, you will be taken to a page that displays every bus operator that runs on the route you have requested. You can select a bus based on the bus timings, fares, pick-up and drop-off points, reviews, and more.
Select the seat of your choice by clicking on the “View Seats” button and then click on the “Proceed to Book” tab. You will be taken to the payment page where you can pay for your ticket using one of several banking options such as credit cards, debit cards, FPX, or any other mode that’s available.