Searching for your favorite bus operator in Colombia or the Top 10 Bus Operators in Cucuta can be a daunting task. But thanks to redBus, this process has been made simple by a mere click of a button. The redBus website and application offers an informative look inside the exciting world of bus travel in Colombia. Apart from providing information on local landmarks and attractions in Cucuta, the redBus platform aims at drastically improving your travel experience in Cucuta. Updated bus schedules, fares, timings, and much more, help travelers get from one landmark to another with great ease. Search for Copetran Cucuta reviews on the redBus platform before booking a bus ticket online.
Copetran was founded in the year 1939 when the bus operators "Flota del Once", "Flota Comuneros" and "Transporte Unión Santander" joined and created the "Cooperativa Santandereana de Tránsito LTDA". Three years later it finally adopted the name of Copetran and it was conformed by around 22 partners. Today, Copetran is conformed by more than 40 families and many of them are already in their 4th generation. Also, Copetran has had 8 logos troughout its history, which are characterized for having the famous "Copetran dog", a male greyhoynd.
Since its beginning, Copetran has provided a quality service to all its customers. They left behind the wooden buses. Today, they have a fleet of modern and full of comfort vehicles that have satellite tracking 24 hours a day, WIFI and USB entrance, the necessary to keep you distracted during your trip. But they have not only modernized its vehicles, they have also trained their staff. In this way, the Copetran staff has all the knowledge of road safety, first aid and fire fighting, among others, to give you the best experience and to help you whenever you need it.
Copetran wants to reward you for being a loyal traveler, that's why it has created the program "Club VIP" that allows you to accumulate points for each trip you make and exchange them for a free ticket to the destination you want. To register you just need to enter the official website and click in the "Club VIP" section, you can also register in a counter. In this sectoinyou can also check your points and ask for information. Also, in the "Club VIP" you can register your family group, which will make them benefit.
Today, Copetran has 5 types of bus services: Preferencial de Lujo, Doble Piso, Minipreferencial, Sprinter and Buseton. The five of them has reclinable seats, air conditioner and TV. To know more about the difference between them you can go to our "Service" section, that is below.
Agencies of Copetran in Cucuta
● Cucuta ▶ Address: Zona Industrial - Av. 7 # 16 N - 33 ; ☎ Phone: (037) 587 8868 - 313 333 5681
Copetran Cucuta – Phone Numbers
● Cucuta ☎ Phone: (037) 587 8868 - 313 333 5681
Copetran Cucuta – Address
● Cucuta ▶ Address: Zona Industrial - Av. 7 # 16 N - 33
Amenities of Copetran Cucuta
The services that Copetran has vary from one bus to another, however in the vast majority of journeys you can enjoy movies, music, television, individual screens, reclining seats, bathrooms, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, chargers USB and headphones.
Destinations from Copetran in Cucuta
These are the destinations to travel with Copetran from Cucuta:
● Puerto Berrio
● Santa Marta
San Jose of Cucuta is a colombian municipality, capital of Norte de Santander's department. It's located in the northeast of the country, in the homonymous valley, on the eastern mountain range of the Andes and in front of the border with Venezuela. It's the political, economic, administrative, industrial, cultural and turistic center of the department. The city was named in honor of José de Nazaret and because the name of the cacique who ruled the region before the conquest was Barí Cúcuta.Cucuta is remembered as a military city because in 1821, Simón Bolívar, Francisco de Paula Santander and others heroes of independence, met in the current Villa del Rosario to decree the first constitution that officially declared the independence of Colombia. Santander's park is the central square of Cucuta, where occurred several historic events and public shows. It's located in front of the mayoralty and in front of the San Jose cathedral. In the center of the park there's a bronze bust of the general Santander, created in 1890. Currently, Cucuta is a prosperous city and is very important for the economic sector because limits with Venezuela. Also, stands out for its modern road infrastructure.
How to reach Cucuta?
● Cucuta by bus: The city is connected by highways with Bogota, Caracas, Bucaramanga, Duitama, Ocaña and Cartagena. The distance from Bogotá to Cúcuta is 557 km and the approximate travel time is 14 hours 22 minutes. The price The approximate price of the ticket is 94144 COP. The distance from Cartagena to Cúcuta is 741 km and the approximate travel time is 15 hours 55 minutes. The approximate price of the ticket is 125078 COP. The distance from Bucaramanga to Cúcuta is 196 km and the approximate travel time is 5 hours 46 minutes The approximate price of the ticket is 33740 COP.
● Cucuta by bus: There is no passenger train that operates a route through Cúcuta.
● Cucuta by plane: Cucuta owns the Camilo Daza International Airport. It operates daily nonstop flights nationwide and also has international flights.
Touristic Places in Cucuta
● Gran Colombiano Park: Historical and tourist complex that has the Santander house, current museum that shows the belongings of the general and politician who participated in the independence of Colombia. There is also the historical temple, where the Cúcuta congress was held and the Constitution of 1821 was written. In addition, there is the Casa de la Bagatela, the government house in which the executive power of Gran Colombia functioned in 1821.
● Santander Park: In this park the Plaza Mayor of San Jose de Guasimales was formerly located, a place that was the scene of important historical events and public events. In addition to its attractive distribution, this park is famous for the pigeons that inhabit it.
● Simón Bolivar Park: Beautiful park very well cared for by the residents of the area. It is ideal to go and enjoy nature as it has different types of trees and animals (parrots, iguanas and hawks). In the center is a bronze statue of the liberator Simon Bolivar, which was made as a replica of one erected in Rome.
Book your Bus Tickets Online
Once you have figured out your bus schedule, book your bus tickets easily with the redBus website or app. The site has been developed to ensure that passengers get their bus tickets booked and confirmed with minimum effort. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter the pick-up and drop-off points under the “From” and “To” sections on the redBus website or application
- Select the date of your journey under the “Onward Date”
- Click the “Search Buses” button
After this step, you will be taken to a page that displays every bus operator that runs on the route you have requested. You can select a bus based on the bus timings, fares, pick-up and drop-off points, reviews, and more.
Select the seat of your choice by clicking on the “View Seats” button and then click on the “Proceed to Book” tab. You will be taken to the payment page where you can pay for your ticket using one of several banking options such as credit cards, debit cards, FPX, or any other mode that’s available.