Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Terms and Conditions") govern your access to and use of the redBus website and subdomains, as well as the use of the redbus.co applications and of the mobile applications which are either linked or referenced to the Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”). In addition, the Website is operated by Ibibo Group S.A.S. (hereinafter referred to as “redBus”).
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Website, which according to the applicable laws, sewhich may be amended from time to time, is an online marketplace (hereinafter referred to as the “Online Marketplace”) using a search engine. For purpose of clarity, it is hereby stated that the Website does not render any service by itself, but is a platform, which connects the business with the customers.
These Terms and Conditions represent a data message within the meaning set forth by Law 527 of 1999. Such data messages are created by a computer system and do not require any physical or digital signature. By using the Website, you expressly accept to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
The Users of the Website shall be deemed to have read, understood and expressly accepted these Terms and Conditions, which shall govern for all purposes the transaction required for the booking of bus tickets through the Website, and shall be binding upon the User. All rights and obligations of the User and/or the Website with respect to the use of the Website and the use of the bus ticket booking reservation facility (hereinafter referred to as the "Facility") provided by the Website shall be limited to the scope of this agreement
In addition to these Terms and Conditions, any other ‘terms of service’ of the application-programming interface (hereinafter referred to as the “API”) with which redBus may link up would form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “API Terms”). Nonetheless in the event of there arising a conflict between such API Terms and these Terms and Conditions, the latter shall prevail.
Both the User and the Website are individually referred to herein as the 'party' and collectively referred to herein as the 'parties' to the agreement.
- For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, whenever the context so requires "You" or "User" shall mean any individual or legal entity who has accessed the Facility being offered on the Website and has become a buyer and/or user of the Website.
- redBus allows the User to surf the Website or to make purchases without registering on the Website. The term "We", "Us", "Our" shall mean the Website and/or its affiliates.
- Our Website:
redBus wishes to clarify that it is only an Online Marketplace which merely connects the business to the customers. In light of the foregoing, redBus states as follows:
- The Website is only a marketplace, which lists the inventory of the local operators who are registered with the Website, but which does not own the product/services per se. Hence, the limited role of the Website is to connect the ‘buyer’/You and the bus operator/service provider.
- In line with the foregoing, you agree that any liability in relation to the product being sold/ services being offered on the Website in accordance with applicable laws shall correspond to the ‘seller’/ service provider and not to the Website/ redBus. In case of any product/ service deficiency, You agree to pursue any action arising from such product /service deficiency against the bus operator/ service provider and not against the Website/ redBus.
- You further agree and acknowledge that the Website is only a facilitator and that it is not and cannot be a party of, or control in any manner whatsoever, the final transaction between You and the bus operator / service provider and any transaction on the Website. Accordingly, the contract for the purchase and/or booking of bus tickets on the Website will be a strictly bipartite contract between You and the bus operator/ service provider listed on the Website.
- You further agree and acknowledge that all ‘discounts/ coupons (if any)’ on the Website/ prices at which the products/services are being sold by the bus operator on the Website are merely an “invitation to treat” and shall not be construed as an “offer” under the applicable laws. Accordingly, whenever you agree to purchase any product of the ‘seller’ listed on the Website, that would be termed as a ‘valid offer’ from you under the applicable laws and, once made, it shall be incumbent upon the “seller” to either accept or reject such ‘valid offer’. In this regard, note that if the ‘seller’ accepts the ‘valid offer’, only then would it be tantamount to a ‘valid contract’ under the applicable laws.
- User Account:
redBus may offer the End-User the option for opening user accounts on the Website. The user account may be linked to the User’s email-id or phone number, or both. Before the User may be able to use the Website, either by registering an account with redBus or using the Website without registering or opening an account (unregistered user), the User shall agree to the following:
- You are responsible for keeping the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorized access to your account when You use the Website as a registered User.
- By using the Website, either as a guest user or registered user, You authorize redBus and its agents to access third party sites, including that of financial institutions, and/or banks and/or other payment gateways designated by the financial institutions and/or banks or on behalf of the financial institutions and/or banks, in order to retrieve or complete the data requested to process a transaction generated by the User on the Website.
- In the event that You use the Website through a registered account, You agree to accept responsibility for any activities occurring under your account or password.
- In the event that You use the Website through a registered account, You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorized manner. The User must ensure that the details it provides to us are correct and complete and must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that the User provided when registering.
- We will not be responsible for screening, censoring or otherwise controlling transactions, including determining whether the transaction is a legal and valid one under the laws of the User’s country of origin.
- You warrant that you will abide by any additional procedures and guidelines, which may be amended from time to time, concerning the use of the Website. You shall also be responsible for complying with all laws and regulations ruling the use of the Website, in respect of the jurisdiction corresponding to each transaction.
- The Website may be used solely for personal and non-commercial purposes. Accordingly, You are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. with spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, products or Facility available on the Website for any business or competitive activity or purpose.
- redBus reserves the right to deny access to the Website, terminate accounts, remove or edit contents at any time without notice if it has reasonable grounds that your account is being used for unauthorized purposes.
- Membership Eligibility:
- The use of the Website is available only to those individuals who, according to current laws, are competent to contract. Individuals who have no legal capacity within the meaning of the applicable Peruvian)Colombian laws are not eligible to use the Website. If you are a minor, you shall not register as a User of the Website and shall not transact on, or use, the Website.
- As a minor, if you wish to use or transact on the Website, such use or transaction may be made through your legal guardian or your parents. We reserve the right to terminate your membership and/ or to deny you access to the Website if it is discovered that you are a minor or incompetent to contract have no legal capacity according to current laws.
- By agreeing to these Terms, you shall be bound by the following policies of the Website:
- This Website may contain links to websites maintained by third parties ("External Sites"). These External Sites are provided for user's reference and convenience only. We do not operate, control or endorse in any respect such External Sites or their content. User assumes sole responsibility for use of these External Sites and are therefore, advised to examine the terms and conditions of those External Sites carefully.
- You must not link to this Website without obtaining the prior written approval of redBus. Use of any automated screen capture or screen scraping technologies to obtain information from this Website without the prior written approval of redBus is an infringement of our intellectual property rights.
- Usage Conduct:
- You acknowledge that you only have a limited right to use the Website and that you are not entitled to modify any part of the Website or to reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, resell or access the Facility for any other commercial purposes.
- You are also under an obligation to use this Website for reasonable and lawful purposes only, and shall not indulge in any activity that is not covered by these Terms and Conditions. You shall use this Website and Facility and any products/services purchased through it, for personal, non-commercial purposes only and shall not re-sell the same to any third parties.
- You may not use any meta tags or any other hidden text used in redBus/ Website or its affiliates' names or trademarks without the express written consent of redBus / Website and / or its affiliates, as applicable.
You must not use the Website for any of the following:
- for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offense or other unlawful activity; and
- a)to send, use or reuse any material that does not belong to you; or material that is illegal, offensive (including but not limited to material which content is sexually explicit or which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm), deceptive, misleading, abusive, indecent, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic or menacing; ethnically objectionable, disparaging or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidentiality, privacy or any other proprietary information or right; or which is otherwise injurious to third parties; or which relates to or promotes money laundering or gambling; or is harmful to minors in any way; or which impersonates another person; or threatens the unity, integrity, security or sovereignty of Colombia or the friendly relations with foreign States; or is objectionable or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial advertising, chain letters, mass mailings or any "spam” intended to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- When you use the Website or send us emails, information, communications or other data, you agree and understand that you are communicating with us through data messages; accordingly, you consent to receiving from us periodical communications through electronic records as and when required.
- We may communicate with you by email or by any other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability:
- This Website, the Facility, products/services (including but not limited to software) included or otherwise made available to you through this Website, are provided on "as is" and "as available" basis, without any representation or warranties, express or implied, except as otherwise specified in writing by redBus or on the Website.
Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, Website does not warrant that:
- Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
- redBus will not be liable to you in any manner whatsoever, or in relation to the contents or use of the Website, or otherwise with regard to the Website. The Website does not warrant that the information, content, materials, product (including software), Facility or services included on the Website or otherwise made available to you through the Website, its servers, or the electronic communication(s) sent by us are free of viruses or other harmful components, despite our best efforts to prevent such incidents.
- You may be required to enter a valid phone number while placing an order or transacting on the Website. By registering your phone number with us, you consent to be contacted by us for the purposes of said transaction on the Website.
- We may use your telephone number or cell phone number to initiate any promotional phone calls or sms.
For the purpose of booking bus tickets through the Website, we guarantee that we shall be responsible for the following activities:
- Issuing a ticket that is equally valid to that issued by bus operators for the use of their bus operator network; and
- Providing customer support and information in case of any delays / inconvenience.
However, We DO NOT take any liability for the following:
- The bus operator’s bus not departing/reaching on time;
- Neither the Bus Company, nor redBus have any responsibility around the “arrival time” delays caused by road closures, weather conditions or any other natural conditions that don´t allow the schedule specified on the web site to be fulfilled.
- The bus operator’s employees being rude;
- The bus operator’s bus seats etc not being up to the customer’s expectation;
- The bus operator cancelling the trip due to unavoidable reasons as described in the clauses herein below:
- The baggage of the customer getting lost/ stolen/ damaged;
- The bus operator changing a customer’s seat at the last minute to accommodate a lady / child / disable person;
- The customer waiting at the wrong boarding point (the User shall contact the bus operator to find out the exact boarding point; especially if it is not a regular traveler on that particular route);
- The bus operator changing the boarding point and/or using a vehicle at the boarding point to pick up the User from the boarding point in order to take him to the bus departure point; and
- The bus used for the journey does not fit the description given to the User.
For the use You shall make of any payment method(s) available on the Website, redBus shall not be responsible nor shall assume any liability whatsoever with respect to any loss or damage which either directly or indirectly may be caused to you for any of the following reasons:
- Lack of authorization to perform one or more transactions; or
- Exceeding the credit or debit limit mutually agreed by You and your financial entity(ies), or bank(s); or
- Any payment issues arising out of the transaction; or
- Declining the transaction for any reason/s.
Please note that:
- The transactions, transaction price and all commercial terms such as delivery, dispatch of products and/or services, are consistent with the contractual obligations among You, the bus operator and the payment facility (or payment gateway) used by You, the bus operator; accordingly, the payment gateway is used to facilitate the completion of the transaction. The use of the payment facility shall not render us liable or responsible for the non-delivery, non-receipt, non-payment, damage, breach of representations and warranties, or fraud with respect to the products and/or services listed on the Website.
- You have specifically authorized the Website or its service providers to collect, process, facilitate and remit payments and/or the transaction price electronically. Your relationship with the Website is on a operator to operator basis and by accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree that the Website is an independent entity for all purposes, and has no control over or liability for the products or services listed on the Website, which are paid through the payment facility. The Website does not guarantee the identity of any User nor does it ensure that You or the bus operator will complete a transaction.
- You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided through any third party on the Website is neither a banking nor a financial service, but just a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online payment collection and remittance mechanism to complete transactions on the Website. The payment facility uses the currently authorized banking infrastructure and gateway networks for credit card payments. In addition, by providing a payment facility, the Website is not acting as a trustee and neither in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the transaction or the transaction price.
- Consider that there is a minimum amount to make purchases of bus tickets with some payment methods, such as:
Efecty 20.000 COP
PayU 8.727 COP
PayU PSE 8.727 COP
Paymentez (TUYA) 5.000 COP
Baloto 3.000 COP
PSuRed 3.000 COP
COD 1.000 COP
- REDBUS WALLET
- The Refer & Earn program is only available in the last version of our mobile app.
- To be part of the program, invite your friends to join downloading redBus app and applying your invitation code.
- Once your friend registers on redBus using your invitation code, he/she will receive 25,000 points equivalent to 25,000 COP in their wallet.
- You´ll gain 10,000 COP/points in your redBus wallet once your friend registers on redBus and the account is verified with a verification code. You may stock up to 100,000 points (100,000 COP).
- You may find your invitation code in the section "Refer & Earn"
- This offer is available until December 31st, 2019. Every referal made after this date will no receive points.
- This works only with registrations were the phone number had been included and verified with the verification code (OTP)
- You´ll receive 10,000 points equivalent to 10,000 COP as a reward every time a new friend registers and its redBus account is verified using the verification code (OTP).
- Only one registration per device is permitted. This means that the reward will not be given if the referal or the person inviting it use the same Device.
- The amount obtain is only available for 90 days (3 months). This period starts from the day in which the amount is given and stored in the money pocket. Once the 90 days are over it can´t be used.
- The maximum amount that can be obtained from referrals is 100,000 COP.
- If the customer makes a purchase through Efecty, Vía Baloto, Su Red or other cash payment options, but doesn´t pay the ticket during the given time, the points will not be reimbursed in its money pocket. The points awarded for the purchase will be lost.
- IBIBO Group Colombia S.A.S.has the right to end or change any, or all, of the offers without prior notice.
- Every account suspected of fraud will be excluded from obtaining any benefit of the referral program.
- Every single person that was or is involved in any business transaction related with redBus is excluded from receiving any benefit from the Refer & Earn program.
- All legal agreements are subject to Colombia´s jurisdiction.
- Every change, including the points delivery, may be modified by redBus.
- Users may buy part of the ticket using their wallet. Only 10% of the price of the ticket can be paid using the amount in the wallet.
- Carriage Policy:
- You are responsible for ensuring that your travel date, time and destination are correct before making your booking through the Facility, or when selecting the confirmation of your ticket purchase from the internet ticketing system. Please check our cancellation Policy available on the Website for details regarding cancellation and refunds.
- You are responsible for being on board the bus reasonably in advance before departure time. We shall not be liable if you fail to be on board the bus at the specified boarding time.
Bus operators shall reserve the right to deny transportation to you and your luggage for whatever circumstances they may consider duly justified reasons, including but not limited to:
- Carrying smuggled goods, illegal substances, fragile or oversized/ overweight luggage; exhibiting unruly behavior, drunkenness or any other behavior that in our discretion may affect other passengers’ comfort or safety.
- Your inability to produce a valid ID while you are travelling.
- The payment of your fare having been found to be fraudulent;
- The booking of your seat having been done fraudulently or unlawfully or having been purchased from a person not authorized by us;
- The credit card by which you paid for the fare having been reported lost or stolen;
- The itinerary or booking or confirmation receipt being counterfeit or having been fraudulently obtained;
- The itinerary having been altered by anyone other than us or our authorized agent, or having been mutilated (in which case we reserve the right to withhold such documentation);
- Your inability to produce a valid and legible boarding ticket for the intended travel. The boarding ticket constitutes prima facie evidence of the carriage contract between the bus operator and the boarding ticket holder (User);
- At the absolute discretion of redBus or the bus operator, You are deemed medically unfit to travel and might pose a health threat to other passengers on board;
- You fail to arrive on time to board the bus prior to its time of departure, or failed to board the bus by the time of its actual departure.
- If the bus operator has refused to carry you or chooses to remove you from carriage according to the above mentioned reasons, we shall reserve the right to cancel the ticket and you will not be entitled to any further carriage or to a fare refund. We shall not be liable for the consequential or incidental loss, damage, cost, or fee you may have to incur with the refusal of carriage.
- Children below age twelve (12) will not be accepted for carriage unless they are accompanied by an adult.
- The bus operators reserve the right to reschedule, cancel, and/or delay any trips and substitute other buses for reasons deem necessary to do so.
- You are responsible to ensure that valid and necessary travel documents, including the relevant passports, valid visas and/or identification, are carried with you for the journey. If you are denied entry/exit, held up at the immigration for the country you are travelling to, from or over, we will not be held responsible for the mentioned and reserve the right to continue the journey. We are not responsible for the consequential or incidental loss, cost, and fee incurred by you as a result of this (see Visitors’ Entry regarding further information on travel documents, regulations and requirements).
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
Redbus will process any ticket cancellation request form in accordance with the bus operator's cancellation and / or refund policy. The cancellation fee and the period taken to process the refund will differ according to each bus operator. Please refer to the cancellation policy of the bus operator.
How does the customer cancel a ticket?
Please call for any doubt about cancellation. Our customer support team will help you process the request according to the cancellation policy of the bus operator.
The Client will be entitled to a refund of 100% of the ticket if the cancellation of the trip is attributable to either Redbus or the bus operator.
In case the client requests the cancellation of the ticket and it is approved, he/she must indicate a Colombian bank account number (we don't make international transfers). This applies for payments made with Efecty, Baloto and PSE.
The client will not have the right to reimburse the cancellation of the tickets for any other reason.
The refund will be given to the client within (10 - 40) business days following the cancellation of the ticket.
redBus is not responsible for any delays at immigration checkpoints. It is the passenger’s responsibility to bring along valid travel document and to comply with customs requirements.
- Intellectual Property Rights:
- The content included on the Website, such as the text, illustrations, logos, button icons, images, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of the Website, its affiliates or its own providers, and is protected by the laws of the Andean Community, the laws of Colombia, the international copyright and related laws, the intellectual property rights law, and the database rights law.
- The compilation of the whole contents on this Website is the exclusive property of the Website and its affiliates, and is protected by the laws of Colombia, the Andean Community, the international copyright and related laws, the intellectual property rights law, and the database rights laws. All software used on this Website is the property of redBus, its affiliates or their software vendors, and is protected by the laws of the Andean Community, Colombia, and by the international copyright and related laws and the intellectual property rights laws.
- You may not systematically extract/or re-use parts of the contents of the Website without our express written consent. In particular, you may not use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (either on one or on many occasions), for their re-utilisation, any substantial parts of this Website, without the express written consent of redBus. You may neither create and/or publish your own database that features substantial (eg: prices and product listings) parts of the Website without the express written consent of redBus.
- You may not use our Trademarks for the commercial exploitation of your interests without our express and written consent. We reserve the right of initiating legal proceedings if we discover any breach of our intellectual property rights.
- Grievance Officer:
In case of any consumer grievance, the End-User may contact redBus on the email id provided below:
- Indemnity and Release:
- You shall indemnify and hold harmless the Website, redBus, its subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees, from any claims or complaints, or from actions including reasonable attorney's fees, filed by any third parties, or from penalties imposed due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions, or of any other terms or policies incorporated by reference to these Terms and Conditions, or your breach of any laws, rules, regulations or third-parties’ rights.
- You hereby expressly release the Website/ redBus or any of its affiliates or officers and representatives from any costs, damages, responsibilities /liabilities or other consequences derived from any of the actions/ inactions of the vendors and, specifically, you waive any claims or complaints that you may be entitled to in this respect, under any statute, contract or other regulations
We shall not be responsible / liable for any loss (including loss of profits, incidental damages, moral damages, loss of revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or for unnecessary expenses) nor for any other indirect or consequential loss You may have incurred when You started using the Website.
- Governing law and Jurisdiction:
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Colombia. The courts and competent administrative authorities from Colombia shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising out of these Terms and Conditions or of any other terms or policies referred to in these Terms and Conditions.
- Suspension, Termination or Cancellation
The Website may suspend, terminate or cancel the account you have registered with us, with or without prior notice, if we believe in good faith that you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions or any other terms or policies referred in these Terms and Conditions.
redBus reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to accept, maintain and / or cancel any bus ticket reservation made by you on the redBus Website, the redBus mobile website and the redBus mobile applications, which are considered fraudulent or suspicious by redBus.
- Amendment / Modification:
redBus shall reserve the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, with or without prior notice, by uploading the revised Terms and Conditions on the Website, and it shall be Your duty to keep yourself abreast of any revisions made to the Terms and Conditions applicable to the Website.
- Limitation Of Liability:
THE WEBSITE/ REDBUS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, MORAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND LOSS OF PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE WEBSITE, THE FACILITY, THE TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICE, THE INABILITY TO USE THE FACILITY OR THE TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICE, OR THOSE RESULTING FROM ANY SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR FROM MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE WEBSITE, BEYOND THE VALUE OF THE LAST TRANSACTION MADE BY THE END-USER THROUGH THE (WEB)SITE.
- The Parties acknowledge and accept that the electronic format shall be deemed to be an acceptable means of communication for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the full, comprehensive agreement between the Parties with respect to the ‘terms of usage of the Website’ (with the exception of the other policies and terms referred to in these Terms and Conditions) and supersede any and all prior understanding, commitment, representation or agreement, whether written or oral, between the Parties to these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions should be rendered invalid or unenforceable by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- In no event shall any delay, failure or omission (in whole or in part) in enforcing, exercising or pursuing any right, power, privilege, claim or remedy conferred by, or arising under, these Terms and Conditions or by law, be deemed to interpreted as a waiver of that or any other right, so as to bar the enforceability of that or any other right, power privilege, claim or remedy, in any other instance, at any time or times subsequently.