Any individual who wishes to access or use the Website may do so subject to the Terms and Conditions. Anyone who does not accept the Terms and Conditions, which are binding and mandatory, should refrain from using the Website, the Website applications and the mobile applications that are referenced to the Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions represent a data message as defined in Law 527/1999. Such data messages are generated by a computer system and do not require any physical or digital signature.
- Transportation Contract: It is the bus land transportation contract, as defined by law, entered into by the User and the Bus Operator.
- Payment Facilities: They are the payment gateways, payments through the PSE button, payments made through payment agencies such as Baloto and Sured, payment through debit or credit cards, and any other means or mechanism that may be established to enable the User to fulfill the obligation of paying for the Fare/Ticket that the User acquires from the Bus Operator, using the Website as intermediary.
- Ibibo: It is the Colombian company Ibibo Group Colombia S.A.S., which is the Website manager.
- Bus Operator: It is the company that provides the land transportation service by bus and which has been duly authorized by the government to transport people. The operator, jointly with the User, are the parties that enter into the Transportation Contract.
- Fare/Ticket: It is the travel document issued by the Bus Operator, which represents proof of the Transportation Contract.
- Person: It means, depending on the context, an individual, company, partnership, foundation, not-for-profit entity of any type, joint venture, temporary union, free standing trust fund, trust, government authority or any other entity of any nature.
- Transaction: It consists in using the means and mechanisms made available on the Website for the User to fulfill the payment obligation derived from the Transportation Contract entered into with the Bus Operator.
- User: A person who performs a Transaction on the Website.
Use of the Website is available only to persons who by law have the capacity to enter into contracts. Persons who are not legally eligible to enter into contracts, according to applicable law, must not use the Website. If you are a minor, you cannot register as a Website User nor use or perform transactions on the Website.
Website use and transactions on behalf of a minor must be performed by their parents or representatives. Ibibo reserves the right to cancel the minor’s membership and/or to deny access to the Website, in the event the User is found to be a minor or a person who is not legally eligible to enter into contracts. In the event an ineligible party performs a Transaction, it shall be deemed flawed in accordance to applicable law.
Upon indicating your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions, you also accept:
- Our Cookies Policy
- Scope of the Service:
Ibibo acts in the capacity of intermediary for the purchase of Bus Fares/Tickets between the User and the Bus Operator through the Website, as well as through the mobile applications linked to the Website. Additionally, through the Website, Ibibo makes available to the User the Payment Facilities that enable the User to fulfill the payment obligation derived from the Transportation Contract.
In accordance with the above, the Transportation Contract is entered into by the User and the Bus Operator, and consequently, all rights, obligations and responsibilities arising from such contract shall be on the account of the parties to such agreement. Consequently, neither Ibibo nor the Website are parties to the contract, and therefore do not acquire any rights, obligations or responsibilities derived from the Transportation Contract.
Similarly, neither Ibibo nor the Website sell, commercialize or distribute any Fares/Tickets; their work is circumscribed to making available to the User, through the Website, the Payment Facilities that enable the User to fulfill the payment obligation derived from the Transportation Contract.
Neither Ibibo nor the Website issue any Fares/Tickets. Once the Transaction is performed on the Website, a sales voucher is issued with the trip information. The User must go to the Bus Operator’s agency for said operator to issue the Fare/Ticket, pursuant to applicable regulations on Transportation Contracts.
Ibibo and the Website will be responsible to the User for matters related to the use of the Payment Facilities.
In any case, the Website will serve as a channel to process any requests, complaints, claims and cancellations submitted by Users in connection with the Transportation Contract with the Bus Operator, derived from a Transaction, pursuant to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, as well as the Website’s petitions, claims and complaints policies.
The Website will also process any requests, complaints, claims and cancellations submitted by Users in connection with the Payment Facilities, directly or through the payment gateways, the payment agent or any other payment system, means or mechanism, derived from a Transaction, pursuant to the provisions to this effect set forth in these Terms and Conditions, as well as the Website’s petitions, claims and complaints policies.
- User Account:
Ibibo may offer the User the option of opening a user account on the Website. Such account will require the User to report a valid cell phone number, through which the account will be authenticated, and through which messages related to the account will be sent. Any User who opens a user account on the Website under this procedure will be called a Registered User. Users will also be able to perform Transactions on the Website without having registered (Non-Registered User). All Users who wish to receive the benefits offered through the Monedero Redbus (Redbus e-wallet) program must be registered users. The following are the User’s duties in connection with a Website account:
- The User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his/her account and password, and for restricting access to his/her computer to prevent unauthorized access to his/her account when using the Website as a registered user.
- When using the Website, either as a guest or registered user, the User authorizes Ibibo and its agents and related parties to access third-party websites, including those of financial institutions and/or banks or other payment gateways designated by the financial institutions and/or banks, or on behalf of the financial institutions and/or banks, with the purpose of obtaining or completing the information required to process a transaction generated by the User on the Website.
- Upon acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, any User who uses the Website through a registered account accepts responsibility for all the activities carried out under his/her account or password.
- Any User who uses the Website through a registered account must take all measures required to ensure that it is maintained confidential and safe, and immediately report to Ibibo if he/she has reason to believe that his/her password has been disclosed to another person, or that the password is or may be used in an unauthorized or fraudulent manner.
- The User must provide Ibibo complete, accurate and truthful information. The User must also report without delay any change in the information provided by the User when he/she registered on the Website.
- Ibibo shall not be responsible for screening, censoring or controlling the Transactions, and shall not be responsible for determining whether a Transaction is legal and valid in accordance with the laws of the User’s country of origin.
- The User shall respect and abide by the current Terms and Conditions. The User shall also abide by all applicable laws and regulations related to use of the Website.
- The Website and the mobile applications linked to it must only be used exclusively for personal, not business effects. Consequently, the User is not authorized to resell, establish links with secondary websites, use, copy, monitor (for example, with spider, scrape, etc.), deploy, download or reproduce any contents or information, software, products or Payment Facilities available on the Website for any business or competitive activity or purpose.
- Ibibo reserves the right to deny access to the Website, cancel accounts, remove or edit contents, at any time, with no prior notice, in the event it is reasonably certain that an account is being used for unauthorized purposes.
- This Website may contain links with third-party websites ("External Websites"). Such External Websites are provided only as reference and for the User’s convenience. Ibibo does not operate, control or endorse such External Websites, or their contents, for any effects. The User shall be exclusively responsible for using such External Websites, and consequently is advised to carefully examine their applicable terms and conditions.
- No links should be created to this Website without prior written authorization from Ibibo. The use of any automated screenshot or screen scraping technology aimed at obtaining information about this Website without prior written authorization from Ibibo is an infringement of our intellectual property rights.
- The User’s Conduct:
- The User has only a limited right to use the Website and is not authorized to change any part of the Website or to reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, resell or access the services provided by the Website for any business purpose.
- The User is under the obligation of using this Website only for reasonable and legal purposes, and shall not engage in any illegal activities or any other activities not allowed by these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of any illegal or fraudulent act or any breach of these Terms and Conditions, Ibibo may cancel the Transaction, and return the money or make it available to the authorities, as appropriate.
- The User must not use any meta tag or any other hidden text using the Website or the names or registered trademarks of its affiliates without express and written authorization from Ibibo or its affiliates, as applicable.
The User shall not use the Website:
- For fraudulent purposes or in connection with any conduct classified as a criminal offense or any other unlawful activity.
- To send, use or reuse any material that is not the User’s property, any material that is illegal or offensive, including without limitation: materials with sexually explicit contents; materials that promote racism, intolerance, hate or physical harm; material that is deceitful, misleading, or indecent; material that promotes harassment; material that is blasphemous, defamatory, slanderous, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, threatening, ethnically objectionable or demeaning; material that violates copyrights, trademarks, confidentiality or privacy rights, or any other information or intellectual property rights, that is damaging to third parties, that is related to or promotes money laundering, gambling, betting, or that is in any way harmful for minors, that supplants other persons, that threatens the unity, integrity, security or sovereignty of Colombia or friendly relations with foreign states, that consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigns, commercial advertising, chain letters, mass e-mailings or any other “junk mail”, intended to cause unnecessary annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety.
When the User uses the Website or sends e-mails, information, communications or other data to Ibibo, he/she authorizes Ibibo to respond and to send him/her communications, including periodic communications, by any means.
The User may be requested to provide a valid telephone number when an order is processed or when a Transaction is performed on the Website. Upon registering the phone number on the Website, the User authorizes to be contacted by Ibibo for the effects of the Website Transaction.
- Redbus Electronic Wallet (Monedero Redbus):
Users who are part of the Redbus e-wallet program should keep in mind that:
- Once the deposit is made in the User’s wallet, the balance shall be valid for 90 days; if it is not used within such term, it will expire, and the User will not be able to use it.
The term established in this item may be changed by Ibibo, and such change will not require an amendment to these Terms and Conditions.
- When the User generates a payment pin on the Website to complete the Transaction through means such as Baloto, Efecty or Su Red, and does not make a cash payment through such mechanisms, it shall be deemed that neither the points nor the balance were ever generated for the respective Transaction in the Redbus e-wallet program.
- The User will only be able to make the payment of the Fare/Ticket to complete the Transaction with part of the balance in his/her e-wallet, to which end he/she must verify the percentage that is accepted, in accordance with the information published to this effect on the Website
- Liability and Warranty Disclaimer:
Ibibo does not guarantee:
- That the Website will be constantly available, at any time.
- That the information, contents, materials, software, Payment Facilities or services included on the Website, its servers, electronic communications systems, etc., will be free of viruses or other harmful elements, notwithstanding our best efforts to prevent such incidents.
- Responsibility regarding the Trip:
As mentioned earlier, neither Ibibo nor the Website are parties to the Transportation Contract entered into by the User and the Bus Operator. It works as an intermediary to put the parties to said contract in contact with each other. Based on this understanding, neither Ibibo nor the Website shall be responsible for fulfillment of the obligations of the respective parties to said Transportation Contract, and consequently shall not be responsible for:
- Delays in the departure or arrival time of the Bus Operator’s vehicle.
- Changes in arrival times caused by closed roads, weather conditions or force majeure or unforeseen circumstances or acts of third parties.
- Trip cancellations by the Bus Operator due to force majeure or unforeseen circumstances.
- Loss, theft or damage to the User’s luggage.
- The passenger not arriving one (1) hour before the trip at the place and date of departure, which is deemed by the Bus Operator as desisting from the Transportation Contract.
- Responsibility for Payment:
Ibibo makes available Payment Facilities through the Website for Users to perform Transactions. In all cases, regarding such Payment Facilities, neither Ibibo nor the Website shall be responsible for:
- A User exceeding a pre-established and mutually agreed limit with his/her bank or financial institution.
- Declining of the transaction for any reason for which neither Ibibo nor the Website is responsible.
- A User not having the required credit limit to perform the Transaction.
- User warranties regarding payment:
By accepting the Terms and Conditions, the User warrants the following regarding payment:
- That he/she has authorized Ibibo and the Website to use the mechanisms or methods included in the Payment Facilities to charge, process, facilitate and forward the payments derived from the Transaction.
- That he/she agrees and accepts that payments made through any third party on the Website is not a banking or financial service, but merely a facilitator made available in the Payment Facilities to perform the Transaction. The Payment Facilities use the authorized banking infrastructure and the credit card payment gateway networks.
- That he/she agrees and accepts that certain forms of payment require a minimum amount to perform the payment transaction, as listed below:
- Efecty: COP $20,000
- PayU: COP $8,727
- PayU PSE: COP $8,727
- Paymentez (TUYA) COP $5,000
- Baloto COP $3,000
- PSuRed COP $3,000
- COD: COP $1,000
- *These amounts may be updated from time to time, and such adjustments shall not be deemed an amendment to these Terms and Conditions.
- Right to Retract:
Regarding any Fare/Ticket that is paid through a Transaction, the User may make use of the right to retract provided for in article 47 of Law 1480/2011, up to 4 hours before the bus departure time, to which end a request must be made to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Ibibo’s service hours for this channel are: Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Ibibo will process the retraction for the User Account with the Bus Operator.
If the User makes use of the right to retract, the Transportation Contract will be terminator and the money paid by the User will be reimbursed.
The money will be reimbursed as follows: If the Transaction was made with a credit card, the refund will be performed by crediting the amount to the credit card that was used for payment. If the transaction was processed through the PSE button with a debit card, or through a payment agent (Baloto, Efecty, Su red, etc.), reimbursement will be made through a Colombian bank account specified by the User, within the terms established by law to this effect.
- Petitions, Claims and Complaints Policy:
Any petition, inquiry or complaint will be processed as specified in the Petitions, Claims and Complaints Policy published on the Website.
- Transportation Policy:
Neither Ibibo nor the Website are parties to the Transportation Contract, and do not sell bus Fares/Tickets; however, the User should take into consideration that most Bus Operators reserve the right to deny a passenger the bus transportation service if the passenger:
- Carries smuggled goods, illegal substances, fragile or excessively large/heavy luggage, displays unruly behavior, alcohol intoxication or any other behavior that may affect the comfort or safety of other passengers.
- Does not display a valid ID when traveling.
- Has acquired the Fare/Ticket when he/she is not eligible to do so according to the Terms and Conditions.
- Has acquired the Fare/Ticket in an illegal, fraudulent or deceitful manner.
- Fails to comply with Bus Operator policies regarding age to travel.
- Has paid for the Fare/Ticket using a credit card that has been reported as lost or stolen.
- Fails to produce a valid and legible Fare/Ticket for the scheduled trip. The Fare/Ticket represents proof of the Transportation Contract entered into between the Bus Operator and the User.
- Is considered medically disabled from traveling because he/she represents a threat to the health of the other passengers on board.
- Does not arrive on time to board the bus or fails to board the bus at the scheduled departure time.
- If the Bus Operator refuses to transport the passenger or decides to remove him/her from the unit based on any of the above reasons, the Ticket will be voided, and the User will not be entitled to any type of reimbursement or to have a ticket reissued.
Regarding the transportation of minors, most Bus Operators establish that:
- Children over two (2) years old must be seated and pay the Fare/Ticket.
- Children under twelve (12) years old must travel accompanied by an adult.
- Children over 12 years old may travel unaccompanied; the Bus Operator may request an ID card to verify the age of the minor. All children under 18 years old who travel unaccompanied must produce a travel authorization form, attaching copies of the identification documents of both the minor and of the person who authorizes.
- Cancellation Policy:
On the Website the User will have access to the cancellation policy of the Bus Operator with which the Transportation Contract is entered into. If the User requires additional information on a Bus Operator’s cancellation policy, a request may be made to have it sent it by e-mail, which will be processed according to the Website’s Petitions, Claims and Complaints procedure and policy.
In order to cancel a trip that was paid through a Transaction, the User must send a request by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the trip cancellation request. Ibibo’s service hours for this channel are: Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The User can also request cancellation through the Website by selecting the “cancellation” option.
Ibibo will contact the Bus Operator to make the cancellation according to its cancellation policies. Ibibo will relay to the User the reply given by the Bus Operator to the trip cancellation request.
- Reimbursement Policy:
The Customer shall be entitled to a 100% refund of the Fare/Ticket if the cancellation or impossibility of traveling, after having completed the Transaction, is attributable to an error or negligence of Ibibo or of the Bus Operator, and shall be taken on by the party that made the error or acted with negligence. No reimbursement for cancellation or impossibility for traveling will be made when the circumstances are attributable to the User, to a force majeure or unforeseen event or the act of a third party.
If the customer requests the cancellation of the Fare/Ticket and such cancellation is appropriate, the User must indicate a Colombian bank account into which to deposit the reimbursement; no international transfers will be made. The reimbursement to a bank account shall apply when the Transaction was made using the PSE button with a debit card, or through a payment agency (Baloto, Efecty, Su red, etc.). If the Transaction was made using a credit card, the reimbursement will be made by crediting the money to the credit card used for payment.
The customer will not be entitled to a reimbursement due to cancellation of a trip or a Fare/ticket for any other reason.
The reimbursement will be credited to the User within 10 to 40 business days from the date of cancellation of the Fare/Ticket.
Ibibo is not responsible for any delays at immigration inspection posts. The passenger is responsible for carrying valid travel documents and for compliance with customs requirements, as well as for making any payments or complying with any requirement of immigration authorities to enter the country.
Cancellation of a ticket derived from a delay or retention of a User at an immigration point or control post for not having the required documents or not submitting the information required by the authority shall not be valid justification for the effects of reimbursement.
- Intellectual Property Rights:
- Website contents such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, digital downloads, data compilations and software are the property of redBus, its affiliates or content vendors, and are protected by international, Andean Community and Colombian law on copyrights and associated elements, intellectual property rights and database rights.
- The compilation of all contents of this Website is the exclusive property of redBus and its affiliates and is protected by Colombian and international copyright law and by database rights. All software used in this Website is the property of redBus, its affiliates or software vendors, and is protected by international, Andean Community and Colombian copyright law and intellectual property rights.
- The User must not systematically extract/or reuse any parts of the contents of the Website without the express written consent of the owner of the rights. In particular, the User must not use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for reuse any substantial parts of this Website, without the express written consent of the owner of the intellectual property rights. No person may create and/or publish their own database that features substantial parts of the Website (for example, prices and service listings) without the express written consent of the owner of the intellectual property rights.
- Neither the User nor any other Person may use the redBus or Ibibo trademarks for commercially exploiting them for their own interests without express written consent from the owner of the intellectual property rights. We reserve the right to initiate legal proceedings if we discover any infringement to our intellectual property rights.
- Promotions and Competitions:
Any promotions or competitions carried out through the Website shall abide by the regulations established to such effect by the competent authorities, and if appropriate shall be approved in accordance with legal requirements.
- Indemnity and Grievances:
The User shall hold Ibibo and the Website harmless from any damages, failure, liability, insurance policy claim, contractual or extra-contractual civil liability derived from the Transportation Contract, given that the User acknowledges that Ibibo and the Website are not parties and therefore do not acquire any obligations or take on any responsibilities in connection with said Transportation Contract. The User also acknowledges that neither Ibibo nor the Website sell, commercialize or distribute Fares/Tickets.
The User exempts and releases from responsibility the Website, Ibibo, its subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective executives, directors, agents and employees in the event of any claim or lawsuit, or from actions including reasonable attorney fees, filed by any third party, or any penalties imposed due to or arising from breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Neither Ibibo nor the Website shall be liable for any losses (including lost profits, incidental damages, moral damages, etc.) or for any other indirect or consequential loss in which the User may incur due to improper use of the Website.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with Colombian law. Colombian courts and competent administrative authorities shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event or any dispute derived from the interpretation or performance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Suspension, Termination or Cancellation:
The Website may suspend, terminate or cancel the account the User has registered on the Website, with or without prior notice, if it finds that the User has failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions or any other document that forms part of or that is incorporated by reference to these Terms and Conditions.
Ibibo reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Whenever the amended Terms and Conditions are uploaded to the Website, the latest revision date will be indicated.
If any provision of these Terms is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.