Searching for your favorite bus operator in Colombia or the Top 10 Bus Operators in Bucaramanga can be a daunting task. But thanks to redBus, this process has been made simple by a mere click of a button. The redBus website and application offers an informative look inside the exciting world of bus travel in Colombia. Apart from providing information on local landmarks and attractions in Bucaramanga, the redBus platform aims at drastically improving your travel experience in Bucaramanga. Updated bus schedules, fares, timings, and much more, help travelers get from one landmark to another with great ease. Search for Copetran Bucaramanga reviews on the redBus platform before booking a bus ticket online.
Copetran was founded in 1939 when the bus companies "Flota del Once", "Flota Comuneros" and "Transporte Union Santander" joined together and created the Cooperativa Santandereana de Transito LTDA. Three years later it would take the name of Copetran and would be made up of around 22 partners. Currently, the company is made up of more than 40 families and many of them are already in the fourth generation.
Copetran has always provided a quality service to all its clients. First, they started with wooden body buses and today they have a fleet of modern vehicles that have satellite tracking 24 hours a day, WIFI and USB port connectors. On the other hand, Copetran is constantly training its workers. In this way, the crew has the knowledge of road safety, first aid and fire fighting, to give you the best experience.
In addition, Copetran has created the "VIP Club" program to reward you for being a faithful traveler. This allows you to accumulate points for each trip you make and exchange them for a totally free ticket to the destination you want. Sign up by entering their website or at the box office.
Agencies of Copetran in Bucaramanga
● Bucaramanga ▶ Address: Bus Terminal - Km. 4 In the direction of Giron
Copetran Bucaramanga – Phone Numbers
(037) 637 6100 - 313 333 5668
Copetran Bucaramanga – Address
Bus Terminal - Km. 4 In the direction of Giron
Amenities of Copetran Bucaramanga
Copetran has 5 types of bus services: Preferential Luxury, Double Floor, Mini-Preferential, Sprinter and Special Service and Tourism. All services have a reclining chair, air conditioning and ambient TV. In the "Services" section you can find more details.
Destinations from Copetran in Bucaramanga
Copetran has the following destinations: Bogota, Bucaramanga, Barrancabermeja, Medellín, Cucuta, Tunja, Mompox, Maicao, Ocana, Cartagena, Santa Marta and Valledupar.
Bucaramanga is located at 959 meters above sea level in a territory that belonged to the Guanes indigenous people in pre-Columbian times. They lived with tribes such as the Yariguies, Chibcha, Chitareros, Laches and Muiscas. In 1622 Bucaramanga was established as an indigenous town and some mines were located nearby to render wealth to the Spanish Crown. Then, in the 19th century it became a town, and at the end of that century it dealt with internal confrontations between artisans and merchants. Later, in the 20th century, he had to face the misery left after the Thousand Day War. Fortunately, the city recovered and became one of the most important cities in Colombia. Due to its tourist destinations and parks, today it is known as "La Ciudad Bonita" and as "The City of Parks".
How to reach Bucaramanga?
● Bucaramanga by bus: The city of Bucaramanga has a large number of routes that arrive from the interior of the country.
● Bucaramanga by train: Currently there is no passenger transport train route that runs through Bucaramanga.
● Bucaramanga by plane: Palonegro International Airport serves Bucaramanga and is located on the historic Palonegro hill, on the road to Barrancabermeja. It has both arrivals and departures from the cities of Bogota and Cartagena and Medellin in Colombian territory and Panama abroad. The airlines that operate at the airport are Avianca, Aeromexico, United Airlines, Avianca Brasil, Latam Airlines, Viva Colombia, Air Canada, Iberia and Lufthansa.
Touristic places to see in Bucaramanga
● Cathedral of La Sagrada Familia: The construction of this work of art began in 1985. The interesting thing is that the parishioners themselves financed its construction due to the precariousness of the initial managers and the poverty left after the Thousand Day War.
● Chicamocha National Park: Natural park in Colombia that was built on the Chicamocha Canyon. It has an area of more than 264 hectares. Here visitors can practice ecotourism activities, as well as paragliding, torrentism, buggy driving, cinema, ice skating, among other things.
● Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish: This temple is located next to the San Pedro School. Its architecture is very striking due to its reddish color and the captivating image of Jesus Christ. Here many believers come to pray.
Book your Bus Tickets Online
Once you have figured out your bus schedule, book your bus tickets easily with the redBus website or app. The site has been developed to ensure that passengers get their bus tickets booked and confirmed with minimum effort. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter the pick-up and drop-off points under the “From” and “To” sections on the redBus website or application
- Select the date of your journey under the “Onward Date”
- Click the “Search Buses” button
After this step, you will be taken to a page that displays every bus operator that runs on the route you have requested. You can select a bus based on the bus timings, fares, pick-up and drop-off points, reviews, and more.
Select the seat of your choice by clicking on the “View Seats” button and then click on the “Proceed to Book” tab. You will be taken to the payment page where you can pay for your ticket using one of several banking options such as credit cards, debit cards, FPX, or any other mode that’s available.