Searching for your favorite bus operator in Colombia or the Top 10 Bus Operators in Bucaramanga can be a daunting task. But thanks to redBus, this process has been made simple by a mere click of a button. The redBus website and application offers an informative look inside the exciting world of bus travel in Colombia. Apart from providing information on local landmarks and attractions in Bucaramanga, the redBus platform aims at drastically improving your travel experience in Bucaramanga. Updated bus schedules, fares, timings, and much more, help travelers get from one landmark to another with great ease. Search for Copetran Bucaramanga reviews on the redBus platform before booking a bus ticket online.
Copetran was founded in the year 1939 when the bus operators "Flota del Once", "Flota Comuneros" and "Transporte Unión Santander" joined and created the "Cooperativa Santandereana de Tránsito LTDA". Three years later it finally adopted the name of Copetran and it was conformed by around 22 partners. Today, Copetran is conformed by more than 40 families and many of them are already in their 4th generation. Also, Copetran has had 8 logos troughout its history, which are characterized for having the famous "Copetran dog", a male greyhoynd.
Since its beginning, Copetran has provided a quality service to all its customers. They left behind the wooden buses. Today, they have a fleet of modern and full of comfort vehicles that have satellite tracking 24 hours a day, WIFI and USB entrance, the necessary to keep you distracted during your trip. But they have not only modernized its vehicles, they have also trained their staff. In this way, the Copetran staff has all the knowledge of road safety, first aid and fire fighting, among others, to give you the best experience and to help you whenever you need it.
Copetran wants to reward you for being a loyal traveler, that's why it has created the program "Club VIP" that allows you to accumulate points for each trip you make and exchange them for a free ticket to the destination you want. To register you just need to enter the official website and click in the "Club VIP" section, you can also register in a counter. In this sectoinyou can also check your points and ask for information. Also, in the "Club VIP" you can register your family group, which will make them benefit.
Today, Copetran has 5 types of bus services: Preferencial de Lujo, Doble Piso, Minipreferencial, Sprinter and Buseton. The five of them has reclinable seats, air conditioner and TV. To know more about the difference between them you can go to our "Service" section, that is below.
Agencies of Copetran in Bucaramanga
● Bucaramanga ▶ Address: Terminal de Transporte - Km. 4 Vía a Giron ; ☎ Phone: (037) 637 6100 - 313 333 5668
Copetran Bucaramanga – Phones Number
● Bucaramanga ☎ Phone: (037) 637 6100 - 313 333 5668
Copetran Bucaramanga – Address:
● Bucaramanga ▶ Address: Terminal de Transporte - Km. 4 Vía a Giron
Amenities of Copetran Bucaramanga
The services that Copetran has vary from one bus to another, however in the vast majority of journeys you can enjoy movies, music, television, individual screens, reclining seats, bathrooms, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, chargers USB and headphones.
Destinations from Copetran in Bucaramanga
These are the destinations to travel with Copetran from Bucaramanga:
● Puerto Berrio
● Santa Marta
Bucaramanga is situated at 959 m a.s.l. in an area that used to be populated by the indigenous guanes, being in close proximity with other tribes such as the chibchas, chitarreros, laches and muiscas. Bucaramanga was established as a native town in 1622 and some mines were operated by the spaniards were established in the neighboring areas.During the XIXth century the town formally became a "Villa". At the end of that century it endured political struggles between craftsmen and traders, while during the XXth it had to endure the misery left over from the Thousand Day's War. The city managed to thrive and became one of the most important cities in modern Colombia. Its touristic atractions and hotel enterprises made the city grow and is now known as the "Pretty City". It also has very atractive parks, which earned the nickname "The City of Parks".
How to reach Bucaramanga?
● Bogota by bus: Being the capital of Colombia, Bogota receives buses from all the capitals of the Atlantic Coast, Coffee Region and the South of the Country, as well as a large number of short routes within Cundinamarca. This is why it has 3 land terminals to receive and dispatch the different buses according to the destination where they travel. Traveling to Bogota is the most common destination and therefore the one that has the best chance of being available.
● Bogota by train: In Bogota there is a train that runs through all of carrera 30 and carrera 90 up to Zipaquira. This train makes stops at some points of “La Sabana de Bogota” as well as at some stations within the city. Only from these nearby municipalities Bogota can be reached by train.
● Bogota by plane: El Dorado International Airport in Bogota is one of the world’s busiest airports. It is listed as the best Airport in Latin America as well as receiving a lot of stops due to its strategic point in the Americas. National and international trips are permanent and the possibilities are very varied, mainly on flights from the United States and Latin America, although there are some that come from Europe.
At El Dorado Airport there are several national flights on a daily basis, but they are mostly from the main cities of Colombia. For the rest of the regions, Puente Aereo Airport is usually used. This is a terminal dedicated to cover flights nationwide and also has a great movement every day.
The tourist places to see in Bucaramanga
● La Sagrada Familia Cathedral: The construction of this beautiful cathedral began in 1985 when the property was purchased to build it. It is known that the parishioners themselves financed its construction due to the humility of the initial managers and the poverty left after the War of the Thousand Days It is a work of art wherever you look.
● Chicamocha National Park: Colombia's natural park that allows visitors to practice various ecotourism activities. Built on the Chicamocha Canyon, it extends over 264 ha and has activities such as paragliding, torrenting, buggy driving, cinema, ice skating, among other things.
● Parroquia Sagrado Corazón de Jesús: Located next to San Pedro School, this temple of impressive architecture welcomes the traveler with its particular reddish hue and a beautiful image of Jesus Christ on top. It is an unmissable place of prayer for all believers.
Book your Bus Tickets Online
Once you have figured out your bus schedule, book your bus tickets easily with the redBus website or app. The site has been developed to ensure that passengers get their bus tickets booked and confirmed with minimum effort. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter the pick-up and drop-off points under the “From” and “To” sections on the redBus website or application
- Select the date of your journey under the “Onward Date”
- Click the “Search Buses” button
After this step, you will be taken to a page that displays every bus operator that runs on the route you have requested. You can select a bus based on the bus timings, fares, pick-up and drop-off points, reviews, and more.
Select the seat of your choice by clicking on the “View Seats” button and then click on the “Proceed to Book” tab. You will be taken to the payment page where you can pay for your ticket using one of several banking options such as credit cards, debit cards, FPX, or any other mode that’s available.