Searching for your favorite bus operator in Colombia or the Top 10 Bus Operators in Valledupar can be a daunting task. But thanks to redBus, this process has been made simple by a mere click of a button. The redBus website and application offers an informative look inside the exciting world of bus travel in Colombia. Apart from providing information on local landmarks and attractions in Valledupar, the redBus platform aims at drastically improving your travel experience in Valledupar. Updated bus schedules, fares, timings, and much more, help travelers get from one landmark to another with great ease. Search for Copetran Valledupar reviews on the redBus platform before booking a bus ticket online.
Copetran was founded in the year 1939 when the bus operators "Flota del Once", "Flota Comuneros" and "Transporte Unión Santander" joined and created the "Cooperativa Santandereana de Tránsito LTDA". Three years later it finally adopted the name of Copetran and it was conformed by around 22 partners. Today, Copetran is conformed by more than 40 families and many of them are already in their 4th generation. Also, Copetran has had 8 logos troughout its history, which are characterized for having the famous "Copetran dog", a male greyhoynd.
Since its beginning, Copetran has provided a quality service to all its customers. They left behind the wooden buses. Today, they have a fleet of modern and full of comfort vehicles that have satellite tracking 24 hours a day, WIFI and USB entrance, the necessary to keep you distracted during your trip. But they have not only modernized its vehicles, they have also trained their staff. In this way, the Copetran staff has all the knowledge of road safety, first aid and fire fighting, among others, to give you the best experience and to help you whenever you need it.
Copetran wants to reward you for being a loyal traveler, that's why it has created the program "Club VIP" that allows you to accumulate points for each trip you make and exchange them for a free ticket to the destination you want. To register you just need to enter the official website and click in the "Club VIP" section, you can also register in a counter. In this sectoinyou can also check your points and ask for information. Also, in the "Club VIP" you can register your family group, which will make them benefit.
Today, Copetran has 5 types of bus services: Preferencial de Lujo, Doble Piso, Minipreferencial, Sprinter and Buseton. The five of them has reclinable seats, air conditioner and TV. To know more about the difference between them you can go to our "Service" section, that is below.
Agencies of Copetran in Valledupar
● Valledupar ▶ Address: Terminal de Transportes Carrera 7 No. 44-165 ; ☎ Phone: (5) 571 62 01 - 571 62 05 - 313 333 5701 - 313 870 2671
Copetran Valledupar – Phone Numbers
● Valledupar ☎ Phone: (5) 571 62 01 - 571 62 05 - 313 333 5701 - 313 870 2671
Copetran Valledupar – Address
● Valledupar ▶ Address: Terminal de Transportes Carrera 7 No. 44-165
Amenities of Copetran Valledupar
The services that Copetran has vary from one bus to another, however in the vast majority of journeys you can enjoy movies, music, television, individual screens, reclining seats, bathrooms, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, chargers USB and headphones.
Destinations from Copetran in Valledupar
These are the destinations to travel with Copetran from Valledupar:
● Santa Marta
This municipality, capital of the Cesar Department, it is called the "City of the Sacred Kings of the Valley of Upar", and was founded on January 6 in 1550 by the spanish captain Hernando de Santana. It is situated in the valley of the river Cesar and the name "Upar" comes from Eupari, a chimila warchief that lived in the territory before the spaniards arrived. It began as a small populated center in the lands of the eupari indians and became a pit stop for the Santa Marta route. It's an important place for farming mango trees and also ranching, and also the birthplace of vallenato, a traditional musical genre of colombia.
How to reach Valledupar?
● Valledupar by bus: Valledupar is one of the main cities on the Atlantic coast, receiving and dispatching a large number of routes in this part of the country.
● Valledupar by train: Currently there is no available route to or from Valledupar by train.
● Valledupar by plane: Valledupar has the Alfonso López Pumarejo Airport that offers a variety of travel routes. Among the destinations it has are Medellín, Barranquilla and Bogotá. Some of the airlines that operate there are Viva Colombia, Aerolinea de Antioquia (ADA), Avianca, Easyfly and LATAM.
Touristic Places in Valledupar
● Plaza Alfonso Lopez Valledupar: This colonial style square and old mansions is the symbol of the Vallenato festival. It is the main meeting center and where the main fairs and festivities take place. It is one of the first places you will visit when you arrive at the municipality de Valledupar As main characteristics it has a mango tree, where people gather and the sculpture ´Revolución en marcha´, by Rodrigo Arenas.
● Casa de Beto Murgas - Accordion Museum: This is the house that Beto Murgas turned into the accordion museum, since it is the symbol of Vallenata culture. The owners of the house will receive you directly and you will be able to learn a lot about this curious instrument and its meaning in Colombia. In this tour we will leave with a global vision of said instrument.
● Iglesia de la Inmaculada Concepción: The church, which has been restored on several occasions due to damage suffered over time, is a center of cultural interest with very beautiful architecture. In the central altarpiece we find the image of the Virgin Mary. The Church of the Immaculate Congregates many devotees at Easter, when the religious fervor increases enormously. It houses the monument to the patron saint of the city, the holy Ecce Homo.
Book your Bus Tickets Online
Once you have figured out your bus schedule, book your bus tickets easily with the redBus website or app. The site has been developed to ensure that passengers get their bus tickets booked and confirmed with minimum effort. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter the pick-up and drop-off points under the “From” and “To” sections on the redBus website or application
- Select the date of your journey under the “Onward Date”
- Click the “Search Buses” button
After this step, you will be taken to a page that displays every bus operator that runs on the route you have requested. You can select a bus based on the bus timings, fares, pick-up and drop-off points, reviews, and more.
Select the seat of your choice by clicking on the “View Seats” button and then click on the “Proceed to Book” tab. You will be taken to the payment page where you can pay for your ticket using one of several banking options such as credit cards, debit cards, FPX, or any other mode that’s available.