Searching for your favorite bus operator in Colombia or the Top 10 Bus Operators in Barranquilla can be a daunting task. But thanks to redBus, this process has been made simple by a mere click of a button. The redBus website and application offers an informative look inside the exciting world of bus travel in Colombia. Apart from providing information on local landmarks and attractions in Barranquilla, the redBus platform aims at drastically improving your travel experience in Barranquilla. Updated bus schedules, fares, timings, and much more, help travelers get from one landmark to another with great ease. Search for Copetran Barranquilla reviews on the redBus platform before booking a bus ticket online.
Copetran was founded in 1939 with the union of the transport companies “Flota del Once”, “Flota Comuneros” and “Transporte Unión Santander”. These created the Cooperativa Santandereana de Tránsito LTDA. Three years later it would take the name of Copetran and would be made up of around 22 partners. Currently, the company is made up of more than 40 families.
Copetran has a fleet of modern vehicles that have satellite monitoring 24 hours a day, WIFI, USB port connectors, among other features. The company has always provided a quality service to its passengers. To make this possible, the company is constantly training its workers. The crew has the knowledge of road safety, first aid and fire fighting.
In addition, Copetran has created the “VIP Club” program to reward its recurring travelers. This allows you to accumulate points for each trip you make and exchange them for a totally free ticket to any destination.
Agencies of Copetran in Barranquilla
Barranquilla Terminal - Murillo - km 1.5 extension
Copetran Barranquilla – Phone Numbers
(035) 323 0027 - 313 333 5670
Copetran Barranquilla – Address
Barranquilla Bus Terminal - Murillo - km 1.5 extension
Amenities of Copetran Barranquilla
Copetran has 5 types of bus services: Preferential Luxury , Double Floor, Mini-Preferential, Sprinter and Special Service and Tourism. All 5 have a reclining chair, air conditioning and ambient TV, to find out more about their differences you can go to the "Services" section, which is below.
Destinations from Copetran in Barranquilla
Copetran has the following destinations: Bogotá, Bucaramanga, Barrancabermeja, Medellín, Cúcuta, Tunja, Mompox, Maicao, Ocana, Cartagena, Barranquilla, Santa Marta and Valledupar.
The city of Barranquilla is currently recognized for the famous Barranquilla Carnival, the largest festival in the country, and for being a destination of great cultural wealth in Colombia. It originated from the agglomeration of Indians and Spaniards who populated the area since approximately 1530. Its history begins with the independence of Spanish rule in the so-called Free State of Cartagena in 1813, although it was renamed Barranquilla in April of the same year. In the mid-nineteenth century it acquired great importance as a maritime and river port of Colombia due to steam navigation, becoming the gateway to new goods and travelers from the world. Later, in the twentieth century, this city was called "Puerta de Oro de Colombia" since its main activity was commerce.
How to reach Barranquilla?
● Barranquilla by bus: Barranquilla is connected to other major Colombian cities by highways, and there are constant departures from different bus companies that cover different routes. The trip to Bogotá is 160,000 COP on average.
Touristic Places in Barranquilla
● The Barranquilla Zoo has more than 20,000 square meters where native flora and fauna species live. Here you can see animals such as the condor, the manatee, the flamingos, the spectacled bear, the otter, the eagle, various species of monkeys and many more. Also, in this place you can hold events such as parties and Live Museum shows with trained animals. On the other hand, children can feed some of the local animals.
● The Museum of the Caribbean is part of the Cultural Park of the Caribbean, a cultural complex that also includes the Macondo Media Library, the Pilot Caribbean Children's Library, the Butterfly Garden, among others. In this museum, tools, musical instruments such as accordions, and animal antlers are exhibited. Here you can observe the diversity of Caribbean culture and learn about the history of the country.
● The Plaza de San Nicolás is part of the history of the birth of Barranquilla. The square was created in the 18th century and during all these years it has undergone several renovations and reconstructions, but always accompanied by the iconic church of San Nicolás. This neo-gothic style church was declared an Asset of Cultural Interest of National Character by the Ministry of Culture in 2005.
Book your Bus Tickets Online
Once you have figured out your bus schedule, book your bus tickets easily with the redBus website or app. The site has been developed to ensure that passengers get their bus tickets booked and confirmed with minimum effort. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter the pick-up and drop-off points under the “From” and “To” sections on the redBus website or application
- Select the date of your journey under the “Onward Date”
- Click the “Search Buses” button
After this step, you will be taken to a page that displays every bus operator that runs on the route you have requested. You can select a bus based on the bus timings, fares, pick-up and drop-off points, reviews, and more.
Select the seat of your choice by clicking on the “View Seats” button and then click on the “Proceed to Book” tab. You will be taken to the payment page where you can pay for your ticket using one of several banking options such as credit cards, debit cards, FPX, or any other mode that’s available.