Copetran Santa Marta
Searching for your favorite bus operator in Colombia or the Top 10 Bus Operators in Santa Marta can be a daunting task. But thanks to redBus, this process has been made simple by a mere click of a button. The redBus website and application offers an informative look inside the exciting world of bus travel in Colombia. Apart from providing information on local landmarks and attractions in Santa Marta, the redBus platform aims at drastically improving your travel experience in Santa Marta. Updated bus schedules, fares, timings, and much more, help travelers get from one landmark to another with great ease. Search for Copetran Santa Marta reviews on the redBus platform before booking a bus ticket online.
Copetran was founded in the year 1939 when the bus operators "Flota del Once", "Flota Comuneros" and "Transporte Unión Santander" joined and created the "Cooperativa Santandereana de Tránsito LTDA". Three years later it finally adopted the name of Copetran and it was conformed by around 22 partners. Today, Copetran is conformed by more than 40 families and many of them are already in their 4th generation. Also, Copetran has had 8 logos troughout its history, which are characterized for having the famous "Copetran dog", a male greyhoynd.
Since its beginning, Copetran has provided a quality service to all its customers. They left behind the wooden buses. Today, they have a fleet of modern and full of comfort vehicles that have satellite tracking 24 hours a day, WIFI and USB entrance, the necessary to keep you distracted during your trip. But they have not only modernized its vehicles, they have also trained their staff. In this way, the Copetran staff has all the knowledge of road safety, first aid and fire fighting, among others, to give you the best experience and to help you whenever you need it.
Copetran wants to reward you for being a loyal traveler, that's why it has created the program "Club VIP" that allows you to accumulate points for each trip you make and exchange them for a free ticket to the destination you want. To register you just need to enter the official website and click in the "Club VIP" section, you can also register in a counter. In this sectoinyou can also check your points and ask for information. Also, in the "Club VIP" you can register your family group, which will make them benefit.
Today, Copetran has 5 types of bus services: Preferencial de Lujo, Doble Piso, Minipreferencial, Sprinter and Buseton. The five of them has reclinable seats, air conditioner and TV. To know more about the difference between them you can go to our "Service" section, that is below.
Agencies of Copetran in Santa Marta
● Santa Marta ▶ Address: Edificio Palanoa ; Calle 9 # 1 - 20 ; ☎ Phone: (035) 422 7646 - 311 293 2314
Copetran Santa Marta – Phone Numbers
● Santa Marta ☎ Phone: (035) 422 7646 - 311 293 2314
Copetran Santa Marta – Address
● Santa Marta ▶ Address: Edificio Palanoa ; Calle 9 # 1 - 20
Amenities of Copetran Santa Marta
The services that Copetran has vary from one bus to another, however in the vast majority of journeys you can enjoy movies, music, television, individual screens, reclining seats, bathrooms, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, chargers USB and headphones.
Destinations from Copetran in Santa Marta
These are the destinations to travel with Copetran from Santa Marta:
About Santa Marta
Santa Marta was founded in 1525, making it the second oldest city in the continent.Its founder, Rodrigo de Bastidas, had a different vision than the other conquistadors, and saw in Santa Marta a place where he could leave a legacy and rest in peace. In 1525 he was betrayed by his liutenant and a new governor was appointed for the administration of the city. In 1596 its development was boosted and the city became a staging ground for important expeditions to neighboring territories. Like Cartagena de Indias, Santa Marta was a target for piracy and thieves during the XVIth and XVII centuries, and is well known for being the place where Simon Bolivar spent its last days.
How to reach Santa Marta?
● Santa Marta by bus: Santa Marta is one of the most important tourist attractions in Colombia, as well as one of the most visited cities on the coast. There are direct routes from cities such as Bogota, Medellin and Bucaramanga, as well as several routes in the destinations such as Cartagena, Barranquilla, Riohacha, Monteria and Valledupar. The main companies that travel to Santa Marta are Expreso Brasilia, Copetran, Berlinas del Fonce, Rapido Ochoa and Unitransco. The prices and schedules are very varied, all depending on the route.
● Santa Marta by train: There was a railroad in Santa Marta that operated from the end of the 19th century until the middle of the 20th century. There is currently a train that connects Santa Marta with La Dorada but only provides the cargo service where products such as crockery, coffee and ceramics are mainly transported and then sent to Panama, the United States and Finland.
● Santa Marta by plane: Simon Bolivar International Airport operates in Santa Marta. A not very wide building that receives flights from several of Colombia's capitals, as well as some cities in the nearby Latin American countries.
Touristic Places in Santa Marta
● Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino: This tourist attraction in Santa Marta is a 17th-century hacienda where Simon Bolivar died on December 17, 1830. In this place, dedicated to the production of rum, honey and panela, the liberator lived the last part of his life. Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino consists of an altar to the Fatherland, a museum of contemporary art and a botanical garden.
● Tayrona Park. This heavenly place is the point where the Sierra Nevada sinks in the Caribbean Sea. White sand, crystal clear waters, gigantic waves and even a nudist beach, make this natural park, that frequently attracts the attention of countless visitors from all over the world. However, the great attraction of Tayrona Park is the journey to Lost City, ancient ruins built in the middle of 700 AD by the Tayronas Indians.
● The Aquarium: This maritime museum is located in the Inca Inca cove on Rodadero beach, one of the most visited places in Santa Marta. In this place, inaugurated in 1965, you can find 13 swimming pools that have a direct connection to the sea, 15 glass aquariums in which you can see more than 800 animals including sharks, sea turtles, dolphins, sea lions, crustaceans, fish and seabirds, the vast majority being native. In this museum you can also see dissected animals and a sample of nautical equipment and elements of the Tayrona culture.
Book your Bus Tickets Online
Once you have figured out your bus schedule, book your bus tickets easily with the redBus website or app. The site has been developed to ensure that passengers get their bus tickets booked and confirmed with minimum effort. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter the pick-up and drop-off points under the “From” and “To” sections on the redBus website or application
- Select the date of your journey under the “Onward Date”
- Click the “Search Buses” button
After this step, you will be taken to a page that displays every bus operator that runs on the route you have requested. You can select a bus based on the bus timings, fares, pick-up and drop-off points, reviews, and more.
Select the seat of your choice by clicking on the “View Seats” button and then click on the “Proceed to Book” tab. You will be taken to the payment page where you can pay for your ticket using one of several banking options such as credit cards, debit cards, FPX, or any other mode that’s available.