Searching for your favorite bus operator in Colombia or the Top 10 Bus Operators in Medellin can be a daunting task. But thanks to redBus, this process has been made simple by a mere click of a button. The redBus website and application offers an informative look inside the exciting world of bus travel in Colombia. Apart from providing information on local landmarks and attractions in Medellin, the redBus platform aims at drastically improving your travel experience in Medellin. Updated bus schedules, fares, timings, and much more, help travelers get from one landmark to another with great ease. Search for Copetran Medellin reviews on the redBus platform before booking a bus ticket online.
Copetran was founded in the year 1939 when the bus operators "Flota del Once", "Flota Comuneros" and "Transporte Unión Santander" joined and created the "Cooperativa Santandereana de Tránsito LTDA". Three years later it finally adopted the name of Copetran and it was conformed by around 22 partners. Today, Copetran is conformed by more than 40 families and many of them are already in their 4th generation. Also, Copetran has had 8 logos troughout its history, which are characterized for having the famous "Copetran dog", a male greyhoynd.
Since its beginning, Copetran has provided a quality service to all its customers. They left behind the wooden buses. Today, they have a fleet of modern and full of comfort vehicles that have satellite tracking 24 hours a day, WIFI and USB entrance, the necessary to keep you distracted during your trip. But they have not only modernized its vehicles, they have also trained their staff. In this way, the Copetran staff has all the knowledge of road safety, first aid and fire fighting, among others, to give you the best experience and to help you whenever you need it.
Copetran wants to reward you for being a loyal traveler, that's why it has created the program "Club VIP" that allows you to accumulate points for each trip you make and exchange them for a free ticket to the destination you want. To register you just need to enter the official website and click in the "Club VIP" section, you can also register in a counter. In this sectoinyou can also check your points and ask for information. Also, in the "Club VIP" you can register your family group, which will make them benefit.
Today, Copetran has 5 types of bus services: Preferencial de Lujo, Doble Piso, Minipreferencial, Sprinter and Buseton. The five of them has reclinable seats, air conditioner and TV. To know more about the difference between them you can go to our "Service" section, that is below.
Agencies of Copetran in Medellin
● Medellin ▶ Address: Terminal de Transporte Medellin Norte - Carrera 64 C # 78 - 580, taquilla 16 ; ☎ Phone: (034) 260 7023 - 313 333 5692
Copetran Medellin – Phone Numbers
● Medellin ☎ Phone: (034) 260 7023 - 313 333 5692
Copetran Medellin – Address
● Medellin ▶ Address: Terminal de Transporte Medellin Norte - Carrera 64 C # 78 - 580, taquilla 16
Amenities of Copetran Medellin
The services that Copetran has vary from one bus to another, however in the vast majority of journeys you can enjoy movies, music, television, individual screens, reclining seats, bathrooms, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, chargers USB and headphones.
Destinations from Copetran in Medellin
These are the destinations to travel with Copetran from Medellin:
● Puerto Berrio
Medellin is located at 1495 m a.s.l., just 261 mi (420 kms) away from the capital Bogota. It is known as "The eternal spring city" or the "mountain's capital" nicknames that reflect it's attractive weather. It's history stars a number of indigenous tribes that lived on the region since V b.c. The first contact between the spaniards and the people of the Valley of Aburrá happened in 1541, although due to the lack of precious minerals and the resistance from the locals, the area was initially abandoned.In 1616 Medellín was founded with the name of "Poblado de San Lorenzo". In 1826, Medellín was named as capital of the Antioquia department by the National Congress. Modern day Medellín is a prosperous city in constant industrial and social development.
How to reach Medellin?
● Medellin by bus: The routes to Medellín are very varied as it is one of the most important cities in Colombia.
● Medellin by train: There is no train route available linking the municipalities of Bogotá and Medellín. On the other hand, the city in its interior has the Medellín Metro that runs through the main streets of the city. It also has a tram and cable car service for high-altitude places.
● Medellin by plane: Medellín has two airports where it receives a large number of flights both from Colombia and from multiple international destinations.
Touristic Places in Medellin
● Bolivar Park: The park, inaugurated in 1892, has in its center an equestrian statue of the liberator Simon Bolivar since 1923. It is one of the main centers of culture in the city since, in addition to being surrounded by the main buildings historically, in it artistic activities are carried out outdoors to the delight of the general public.
● Metropolitan Cathedral of Medellin: Its official name is ""Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception of Mary"" and it was built during the second half of the 19th century. Its construction took more than 55 years, culminating in 1930. It is currently the largest historical building on Medellín. Inside you can find works of art of different types such as Spanish stained glass or carved marble fountains. It was declared a national monument in 1982 for its historical and cultural relevance for Medellin.
● Plaza Botero: This plaza is the last resting place of the voluptuous sculptures of one of the most renowned Colombian plastic artists, Fernando Botero. The 23 sculptures were placed in 2002, brought from different parts of the world, joining the renewed and happy urban life.
● Medellin Botanical Garden: The city center is not only rich in architecture and culture, it is also rich in wild nature. Following its motto, ""The Garden is yours"", this place receives each visitor with different environments, suitable for a quiet walk, observing the varieties of plants and flowers. Inside the Garden you will find a restaurant and its most outstanding attraction the ""Orquideorama"", place where the most beautiful orchids grow permanently.
Book your Bus Tickets Online
Once you have figured out your bus schedule, book your bus tickets easily with the redBus website or app. The site has been developed to ensure that passengers get their bus tickets booked and confirmed with minimum effort. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter the pick-up and drop-off points under the “From” and “To” sections on the redBus website or application
- Select the date of your journey under the “Onward Date”
- Click the “Search Buses” button
After this step, you will be taken to a page that displays every bus operator that runs on the route you have requested. You can select a bus based on the bus timings, fares, pick-up and drop-off points, reviews, and more.
Select the seat of your choice by clicking on the “View Seats” button and then click on the “Proceed to Book” tab. You will be taken to the payment page where you can pay for your ticket using one of several banking options such as credit cards, debit cards, FPX, or any other mode that’s available.